[vc_row][vc_column][titleblock title=”Admission” title_strong=”Policy”]
Admission to the Islamic School of Plainfield (ISP) is open to all students in Pre-K to 5th grade. The school does not discriminate in enrollment on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, handicap, or national origin. The Islamic School of Plainfield reserves the right to decline admission to students for the following reasons, which are not considered inclusive of all reasons justifying denial of admission: If a student requires special education instruction beyond the purview of the school’s capability or capacity; if a student requires English as a Second Language (ESL) beyond the purview of the school’s capability or capacity; if a student is academically weak or has had serious discipline problems at previous school.
Enrollment opens during the month of April and continues until all available spots are filled in a given grade. Priority in enrollment is as follows:
- Students already enrolled at ISP.
2. Staff children
3. Siblings of students already enrolled at ISP
4. All others
In order for a new student to be considered for admission to Islamic School of Plainfield the following must be on file at the school:
- Completed and signed application form
2. The results of ISP entrance exam for students of 1st grade and up if required.
3. Copies of student’s academic record for the past two years
4. Copies of student’s standardized exams for the past two years
5. Copy of the student’s Individual Education Plan (I.E.P.), if applicable
6. Documentation of passing admission interview for students in 5th grade and up
7. Copies of discipline record for the past 2 years
The administration or admission committee will start reviewing a file only when all of the above items are completed. A student will be allowed to attend classes only after they are fully registered at the school. The school reserves the right to deny or revoke admission to students if records show that false or misleading information has been provided on the application forms, or during the interview.
In order for a new student to be considered fully registered at ISP the following steps must be completed:
- Submit a completed application form to the office
2. Complete and sign all the required registration forms. This includes a signed form that acknowledges that the parents and students have read and will abide by the policies included in the parent-student handbook
3. Pay the registration and book fees.
4. A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate. If a birth certificate is not presented, the administrator or designee shall notify in writing the person enrolling the student that within 30 days he or she must provide a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate. A student will not be enrolled without a birth certificate. When a certified copy of the birth certificate is presented, the school shall promptly make a copy for its records, place the copy in the student’s temporary record, and return the original to the person enrolling the child. If a person enrolling a student fails to provide a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate, the administrator or designee shall notify the person enrolling the student in writing that, unless he or she complies within 10 days, admission may be denied.
5. Proof of disease immunization or detection and the required physical examination, as required by State
Any student who does not present proof of having had either the required immunizations or physical examination by October 15th of the school term for which such was required or within thirty (30) days of enrollment should enrollment occur after the start of the said school term, may be excluded from school until such time as proof of the required health information is presented.
6. Sign all promissory forms for tuition and assessment
Returning Students: must fill out and sign an intent of enrollment form by May 1st. Failure to do so may result in loss of enrollment privileges for the family for the following school year. The signing of the intent of enrollment does not constitute full registration. Parents must fully register a returning student by the deadline set by the school.
In order for a returning student to be fully registered, the following must be completed:
- Complete, sign and return the short registration form
2. Parents must have no outstanding balance with the school
3. Pay registration, and book fees
4. Update health record
5. Sign all promissory forms for tuition and assessment
Students who withdraw prior to the beginning of the school year after being fully registered will lose their registration fees. Students who withdraw after school begins will lose registration fees, book fees, and will also be responsible for tuition until the end of the month in which the withdrawal occur.